Saturn Programming Manual Vol.1
Saturn Programming Manual Vol.2
Saturn Development Tools Manual
SEGA Basic Library (SBL)
Saturn Graphic Library (SGL)
Saturn Graphics Tools Manual
Saturn Sound Tools Manual
Saturn Technical Bulletins
Preliminary Technical Bulletins
Other (Outdated or unspecified, not distributed in 1997)
DTS Developer Newsletter
Renesas Technology (formerly Hitachi Semiconductor) documentation:
Freescale (formerly Motorola) documentation:
- Systems Manual. Contains the docs for ASM68K/ASMSH which have an almost identical syntax to SNASM68K and SNASMSH2.
- Assorted Psy-Q tools. Most related to their development hardware, but there's some good stuff there like the SCU DSP emulator.
- Mirage CD Emulator Manual. Also contains a reference for their CD image building tool which should be compatible with Sega's.
Compilers, libs and tools:
You can get a free PC extractor for .sit files from StuffIt. However, it seems to have problems with some of the archives here.
- KPIT's GNUSH
is a complete up-to-date free cross-compiling GNU toolchain configured for SuperH processors. Precompiled versions are available for both Windows and Linux. Get the COFF version for compatibility with SEGA's libraries.
- ASH WARE offer a
precompiled 68K/Coldfire toolchain, based on EGCS 1.1.2 which is fairly
old, but it's configured for COFF and might be useful.
- MotoRobots have a slightly newer 68K/Coldfire toolchain, based on GCC 2.95.3 and newlib 1.9. This is an ELF toolchain.
- Bart Trzynadlowski's site has both SNASMSH2 and SNASM68K, plus other useful things.
- Charles MacDonald's homepage, technical info on all things Sega.
10.11.2008 Page moved again.
Do you have newer stuff, or things not included here? Send me a message
on the SegaXtreme board (user antime) and I'll put it up here.
xx.12.2004 Page moved.
04.01.2004 Added the Mirage manual, thanks to Lawrence at NFG Game Sales. Also added the Psy-Q tools.
12.05.2003 Added ExCyber's cleaned-up SGL package.
01.01.2003 Added the docs for Hitachi's compiler tools. Marginally useful as a reference for old sourcecode.
02.11.2002 Psy-Q Systems manual, some links and reformatting.
19.10.2002 Uploaded the Mac tools, SBL and some PC tools. Also from CyberWarriorX.
09.10.2002 Uploaded the last of CyberWarriorX's docs.
29.09.2002 Massive update, a big "thank you" goes to CyberWarriorX (and SkankinMonkey too). There is even more stuff to add, but that is mostly tool documentation so it'll have to wait a bit until I rearrange stuff.
23.09.2002 Added PTB#48 and the Disc Format Standards document.
02.09.2002 Added ASH WARE link.
13.08.2002 Thanks to ExCyber you can now download the SMPC manual. Added the M68k PRM.
25.07.2002 Broke up the docs package into individual downloads, added the Hitachi docs, shuffled some files around and added the KPIT link.
13.05.2002 Added two versions of the System Library User's Guide. One contains the CD interface, the other has other things in it. I grabbed them from Sega Maniacs, why not pay them a visit? (Note, Sega Maniacs seems to have died. Too bad.)
12.05.2002 Repacked the SGL and GCC files for significant savings.
Back to main Sega page.